AT BUYINGTIME, OUR PIPELINE development SERVICE EXISTS BOTH TO OPEN NEW DOORS AND TO WORK ON A LARGE UNIVERSE OF EXISTING LEADS - SO THAT THEY DEVELOP INTO HIGH-QUALITY OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR CLIENTS.
We do this by following what some people consider to be old school practices:
- Identifying the most appropriate target sectors and individuals for each client
- Building accurate contact datasets for each client - alongside a succinct & compelling message
- Writing polite, well-crafted sales letters to them and alerting PAs to their arrival.
- Respectfully asking for a set time to chat to the target on the phone.
- Working through our clients' pitch on the phone in a persuasive and engaging manner.
- Qualifying the prospect and pressing (firmly but politely) for an opportunity to meet.
Over the last 10 years, this approach has proved very successful for arranging meetings with board level directors of large organisations in the UK and across Europe.
clarity of proposition is one of the most critical steps when it comes to engaging with new customers. far Too often we find propositions that are tired, overly complex and uncompelling.
Often our client is so close to their proposition that it does not "sing", and is too convoluted or confused to be interesting for new prospects. We will NEVER start a project without a proposition in place that our team has bought into - and which we can deliver to senior business leaders quickly & succinctly over the telephone, through email or through a colleague / partner. How do we ensure it's truly great though:
- Research competition
- Test language
- Sales letter
- Practice & replay
here at buyingtime we know that once a relationship has been established with a prospect, the relationship needs to be nurtured. This is not just about calling a lead regularly in order to maintain contact, but is about actively working to help drive the sale forward.
Lead nurturing can involve:
- Networking within the target business in order to involve and engage other stakeholders.
- Using our data detectives to dig deep within the organisation and uncover the "real" landscape that our client is selling into.
- Crafting specific content – such as white papers or case studies – to engage the prospect further.
- Organising and facilitating events that encourage debate around the subject that we are discussing with our sales prospects, in order to improve engagement rather than just maintain it.
If a prospect has a short-to-medium term requirement, our clients often take on that work themselves, developing and closing the business without any further involvement from our team.